Here they are, the best, and worst, books I read in 2007.
Final tally for the year: 45 books, 16,867 pages.
Top Three Non-Fiction Reads of 2007
(Note: These are books I read in 2007, not necessarily books that were released in 2007)
3. Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert
2. Uncle Tungsten by Oliver Sacks
1. Negotiating with the Dead: A Writer on Writing by Margaret Atwood
Top 10 Fiction Reads of 2007
(Note: Again, these are books I read in 2007, not necessarily books that were released in 2007)
10. Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen
9. Seize the Day by Saul Bellow
8. Hick by Andrea Portes
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
6. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
5. The Unnatural History of Cypress Parish by Elise Blackwell
4. The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory
3. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2. The Rhythm of the Road by Albyn Leah Hall
1. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Honourable Mentions: Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, Little Children by Tom Perrotta, Echo Park by Michael Connelly, The Continuity Girl by Leah McLaren.
Neither Here Nor There
Graphic Novel: Persepolis II by Marjane Saatrapi